Tuesday, October 5, 2010
October 3rd 2007
I would have posted this on the sunday but our family was super busy with visiting family and watching conference that it completely slipped my mind. Anyway, 3 years ago(on the 3rd) was a day that I will never forget. I was living in Provo going to UVU and enjoying my life as a SINGLE college student. I had had a hard summer with guys that broke my heart and at this point I was not having any interest in dating anyone. I even remember my roommates talking to me saying that I needed to say yes to guys that asked me out, cause I plainly was saying no to everyone that did. I remember I was in the childhood Education program studying in that department, which that day I went to an elementary school to obsereve and help. It was an all day thing pretty much and that is the reason for me changing my mind and not pursuing to be a teacher. It just was not something I saw myself doing everyday and liking it. I remember driving back, and suddenly i was thinking that I might wanna go Country Dancing that night. I called up some friends that were living down there and seeing if they wanted to go. They all had midterms to study for or didnt feel like it. Later in the night I had no luck on going with anyone and figured I didnt want to go by myself so decided not to go. That night I was in my room and my roommate Chalyse came in and asked if I wanted to go country dancing with her. I remember telling her, You know, I thought all day of going and couldnt find anyone to go!! FUNNY! So we took off and went around 9:30 That night. We got there and guys asked us to dance and we were really having fun. Around 10ish, I was looking around, and I spotted this guy walk through the door. I literally remember thinking in my head.. "wow, He is kinda handsome! I hope he asks me to dance." The night continued on and I was having fun dancing. Later on, I saw this guy again! I was standing on the side of the dance floor and saw that he was walking toward me. I remember my heart starting to beat fast. He walked up to MY ROOMMATE and asked her to dance. In my mind I litereally was like.. DANG! Cause I had been watching this guy walk by ALL NIGHT. I continued to dance with others and have fun. FINALLY, this guy walked up from behind me and asked to dance. We had fun and got talking and found out that I knew his cousins that went to my high school (Kellee and Sara) and talked about where we were from, and from what Todd tells me that got him hooked to me.. Sports! After the song was over, we stood there talking for like 10 minutes. I seriously was just waiting for him to ask for my number! After the 10 minutes, two girls came up to Todd and said that they were leaving. I kinda just sat there awkwardly. Todd told them ok, turned right around to me and immediately says, "Im not here with either one of them on a date!" hahaha I was just like "oh ok." After they left, Todd just said, "well it was nice meeteing you and I will see ya around." SERIOUSLY??? is what was going through my mind. I continued to dance and enjoy my time, and then at one point, they had a line dance or something, and from what Todd says, he said that I kept looking over at him and smiling and it was then that he said to himself.. I have to get her number before i leave. a while later I went to the drinking fountain and saw todd around the corner walking by. I saw that he was trying to find someone. I just stood there kinda watching and he completely passed, then i saw him look right at me and do a complete circl to get in the line at the fountain behind me. (I know this part sounds like highschool, but it is what happened) I took my drink and he grabbed my arm before i just walked away and said to hold on for a sec. We ended up talking some more and having great conversations. I remember that Garth Brooks "Just to feel my love" came on and Todd asked to dance with me again. This is when I really wanted to see him again. We danced and as we were, he started to spin me and rub my back. We talked the whole time til they announced they were closing and right then todd finally asked me for my number. He brought his phone out and sadly said to me, "my phone just died!" LOL. I was trying so hard not to laugh and immediately brought my phone out and said "oh! well, how about you give me your number and I will text you and you will get it then." I got his number and then I went home that night. I talked to my roommates about what happened and wasnt sure i wanted to the ball in my court. So I texted him a cute little message about sorry your phone died, here is my number and hope to hear from you. I went to bed without a text back. The next morning I was doing some homework, and I got a text message. It was Todd! He said thanks for texting and that he would call me the following week to go out. I texted him back lettting hime know that I would love for him to text me but I was actually leaving to Alabama to visit my sister and Brother in law and would be back that sunday night. I never got a text back that whole week! And that is our story of how we met! I have strong testimony of the LORDS plan that he has for us and his hand in our lives. Just looking back on how I thought ALL DAY to go country dancing and giving up on going, then having my roommate randomly ask me to go. I have great testimony that the Lord really knew Todd and I were meant to meet and be together. I love You honey and cherish our story of how we met!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment