Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Our Very First Date.. October 20th 2007

Today marks the 3 year anniversary of Todd and My's first date! Yes I remember every special date in our relationship so on those days when they come I think back to that day and remember everything:) After Getting back from Alabama seeing my sister, I still hadnt heard from Todd and started to really wonder if he was even interested in seeing me at all! I thought back and wondered if he took me saying that I was leaving town as a blow off and got really nervous about it. I got back sunday night and I remember it was so late that I actually slept at my parents house and drove back to provo monday morning. I do have to mention this because it is something I take as very important in Our story of how we came to be together.. But Around the time I met Todd, I also met another guy. This guy text me through my whole trip in alabama and called me monday to ask me out for tuesday night. I started to compare and think Todd just was not interested as this other guy was contacting me more. I didnt actually like him texting and calling me during my trip but it was the first time since the horrible summer that I started to be open and my mom told me to just try and at least go on dates with him. Well, I agreed but monday came and at night I just got the courage to send a text to Todd just saying hi and asked how he was doing. We texted for a little bit and he said he would call me Wednsday to OFFICIALLY ask me out for the weekend. This is when I really REALLY liked him. I have never had a proper asking for a date in all my life. I could tell he was just respectful. Tuesday I went on another date and had a good time and wednsday came and saw the other guy again but made sure I was done and home to talk to Todd on the phone. Todd called me and I was SO EXCITED. We talked about things and our inerest for about 3 hours... I think til about midnight when Todd started mumbling and not making sense... He does that alot when he gets way tired. So he just told me he needed to go but asked for saturday night and that he would call me the next day to tell me exactly what time and everything. Thursday came and the other guy asked me to go dancing and so I agreed and thought it would be fun. I realized Todd called me while I was with the other guy and told him that I needed to go to my apartment and get a jacket (It was an excuse to run up and call Todd) We talked but then I started feeling bad that I had a date sitting in his car waiting for me so I told Todd I had to go but would talk to him later. That night I continued my date with this guy and I just started to get a bad feeling as the night continued. I didnt know why but the feeling just got worse and worse. He kissed me that night and I started to feel worse some more. All day friday I felt confused and didnt have a good feeling. I thought it was just the fact that this guy was moving too fast and that I still was not ready to date anyone. I told the guy how I was feeling and like every guy in the world, I hurt his ego and he got very defensive. I really felt better when I told him I didnt want a relationship and closed that book. Friday I thought that feeling still was a way of telling me I was not ready for anything. My sister told me that I should still be open and go on the date with Todd the next night. I agreed and just thought in my head that nothing was going to happen and that it was just going to be a harmless one date thing. Saturday I did my usual routine of cleaning and working out at the gym and hanging around provo. Todd called me and said he would pick me up around 6:30 and that we would go to dinner and then Fat Cats to bowl with his roommates and their dates that night. I said ok and went on with my day. Todd came and my roommate answered the door. She told me he was here and I hurried and put my shoes on. I came around the corner to the family room and Todd just looked at me with a big smile! We went to Dinner at Good Woods then heaeded to go bowling. While bowling Todd would give me fives just to kinda hold my hand. At this point I started realizing that I didnt have that awful bad feeling like I did with the other guy earlier in the week. I started to really like Todd and just went with it. After Bowling Todd invited me over to his apartment for Hot Chocolate. We got there and his roommates gavee us this way long straws they got and I found it hilarious. After that Todd asked if I wanted to continue to stay and watch a movie. I really liked him so of course I said yes. We watched Nacho Libre.. Dont ask, I have no idea how or why that was the movie we chose, but we did. Toward the middle of the movie I notice Todd's hand get closer and closer to mine. Finally he put his hand on my knee and said.. "Do you want a drink of water?" Trying so hard not to laugh I say im fine. Todd goes to the kitchen and I jsut started Laughing. Poor guy is totally nervous!! He comes back and immediately grabs my hand. This is totally TOdd. Hilarious. But I was happy and the movie ended. We stayed there talking for a while til one of his roommates comes down letting us know it was 2 am!! WHOOPS. TOdd says that he better take me home and we leave.. I remember it was snowing when we walked outside and we had a little fun snowball fight. We got in his car and remembered that I didnt bring my keys and so had to call Mary, my roommate to unlock the door for me. He walked me up and we hugged and said goodnight and I was on Cloud nine. It was the best Last first date I had ever had and again, THe Lords hand was in helping us meet and come together. Love you Tood:) Todd and I at a Jazz vs. Pistons game in February.. Recently ENGAGED
Todd and I at Thanksgiving point Halloween Night.
Todd and I at a park for a picnic.. Recently Dating:)

No comments:

Post a Comment