Monday, September 12, 2011

alan jackson- Where were you september 11th



Every year when this tragic day comes along, I always think back to the day when our Country was under attack, and view that day when I was just 14 years old, as a big eye opener for me. I always think of Alan Jacksons song "where were you when the world stopped turning" because I always think back to that day. At such a young age, but yet an age that I understand what is going on, I no longer felt that there was a perfect peaceful world. I never thought that anything this horrible could ever happen! Out of all my childhood memories, that day I remember exactly what I did from the moment I woke up to get ready for school, til I went to bed that night. I remember what outfit I wore to school that day even. I went to school as a 9th grader and watched it all unfold on television in all my classes. I talked about with classmates and friends and remember being scared to death. I remember going home and my dad made sure he got home early to be with our family and be there to explain any questions me and my brothers had about what was happening in the world. As a family we watched history happen and cried for those in New York, those on the planes, and those at the Pentagon. It was the first time I heard of Bin Laden and the group that hates Americans. I remember not being able to sleep that night at all cause I was Terrified more attacks were coming. Even though I did not know anyone killed on that day, I still mourn, and think of them and their families and pray for them. Going through losing someone close to me like this I couldnt even imagine. I will always remember this day and Honor those that were lost, and their loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment