Today I had my doctor appointment for my pregnancy and I left in tears. Something that has gone unanswered since I had Maddie just got answered to me today and I didnt like the results. Today was my first appointment where the doctor started to check to see if I was dilated at all. I knew it wasnt good because after everything my doctor just remained silent while he made all his documents and notes. I had told him how determined I was to have a regular vaginal birth because I had a c-section with my first and told him that the doctors down in Orem where I had her, told me they think that Maddie just got too big to get her head down and that was the reason. SO, with this in my notes, and with me asking if his head is down ever since I was 32 weeks, I could tell he had something to tell me that I was just not going to like. He started to tell me that with checking my cervix, it is so tight and isnt making any progress that it should with how far along I am. He then explained to me that the baby is head down, but nowhere near where he should be with getting prepared to have birth. He then explained that some women, not many, have a narrow heart shaped pelvis, which results to when having children, can never have a vaginal birth because the baby's head does not fit through. He mentioned with the doctors really not detecting it when I had Maddie, he thinks that is what it was with having her, which will result to be the same case with this pregnancy. We scheduled a time for my C-Section with all the statistics, there is very little chance I will be able to have a vaginal birth. After the doctor left the room, I just cried. I know I might be weird or just plain crazy but being told I will never experience a normal birth broke me. C-secitons are hard on recovering and on me period. I cried leaving the office, cried driving home, and cried calling Todd to tell him what happened. Todd calmed me down by saying that maybe its just whats healthy and best for the baby and that is all that matters. Maybe with me it is just better this way. Im not sure of the reason, but I have taken it hard for some reason. I called my mom after and she got me to see that I have done it once and that I can do it again with no problem and it helped even more. My sister said the same thing and ive come to realize that i might look at this as being hard and difficult for me to grasp that I will have to always have c-sections and never get to experience a normal one, but I need to just be grateful that I can have children. We have have a scheduled
c-section for the 14th of October which is just 3 weeks away from this friday. And that is the date unless I go into labor or something else comes up. I guess I get 3 weeks to mentally and physically prepare, and maybe it will be easier this time around.
No comments:
Post a Comment