I did get some pictures of the first week home...... Maddie sure loves him and is such a big helper! She has caught on so quickly and loves to help us with him anyway she can. Whenever we burp him after feedings she walks up saying " I help too!" and we let her pat him... Bath time is fun with her too! We get an extra washcloth for Maddie and she actually gets it wet and washes the places on Kyler we tell her. I'm so glad she has adapted well to having a new addition to our family!
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Our first week....
Its been a full week of being a mom of 2, and as glad as I am to have Kyler, its been a long bumpy week. First of all, I have had a cold for about 2 or 3 weeks now(I was just getting over it when I went into the hospital.) I was planning on resting all the 2 weeks until my scheduled C=section on the 14th. But with everything going on, I have gotten worse with that cold. Some days I feel great and its going away, and the next day after being up all night, i feel worse than ever. Maddie had a cough, but was getting worse so my mom took her to the doctor on Wednesday, the day before I was coming home from the hospital, and learned that Maddie also had Pink eye. SO, putting more strain on things, I ended up being a paranoid mom all week too. Trying to be understanding of a 2 year old trying to adapt to the new change and also trying to keep her far away from Kyler has not been easy. We made her constantly wash her hands and only kiss the top of his head. Maddie has yet to even hold her little brother! Yesterday, I woke up to find that Maddie gave me that wonderful gift of Pink eye! I then started to notice that Kyler now has the eye goop going on, so again, the pink eye was passed to him as well. Maddie is now back to just a tiny little cough, which is great, but now I have pink eye, I cant wear my contacts so I cant see, a severe head cold and cough, and Kyler has pink eye. It has not been that great for our new little family in the beginning! Not to mention I cant lift and hold Maddie, or do too much because of the surgery. Recovering from a C-section is not the best thing to add on top of being so sick. I love my 2 kiddos more than anything and am so grateful we have Kyler and being 17 days early, so grateful he is such a healthy baby. But, this was our first week, and its not what I imagined it. Its already such an emotional roller coaster getting us to a new baby in the home and having to deal with all the illness and recovery, i guess you can say I haven't taken it to well. I just hope we get over everything soon! Kyler is the best baby and I'm such a proud mommy, but he sure messed up some plans and came at a very interesting time!
I did get some pictures of the first week home...... Maddie sure loves him and is such a big helper! She has caught on so quickly and loves to help us with him anyway she can. Whenever we burp him after feedings she walks up saying " I help too!" and we let her pat him... Bath time is fun with her too! We get an extra washcloth for Maddie and she actually gets it wet and washes the places on Kyler we tell her. I'm so glad she has adapted well to having a new addition to our family!
My little Kiddos:)
Daddy with his favorite children!
Kyler exactly 1 week old!
My cute little ones! Maddie just ADORES him!
My adorable Boy:)
I did get some pictures of the first week home...... Maddie sure loves him and is such a big helper! She has caught on so quickly and loves to help us with him anyway she can. Whenever we burp him after feedings she walks up saying " I help too!" and we let her pat him... Bath time is fun with her too! We get an extra washcloth for Maddie and she actually gets it wet and washes the places on Kyler we tell her. I'm so glad she has adapted well to having a new addition to our family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh he is so handsome! We need to come visit. Let me know when you're up to it and you guys are feeling better!
ReplyDelete