I cant believe that its almost August next week! This summer has just cruised on by and we have had alot of fun adventures and fun memories made. Even though we didnt necessarily go on a vacation out of state, we still did so much fun things with family and friends! Todd is still in his first year of his job at Smith's Cooperate offices as a pricing analyst for Kroger brand, which means he only has 3 personal days and no vacation leave. We are saving those personal days and some sick days for when our little guy makes his appearance in just 3 MONTHS!! SO, with no vacation days we spent alot of our weekends having BBQ's with friends, or going up to the Hewlett Cabin or East Canyon to spend time with family. And we have had so much fun! This past 24th weekend we had a fun night of BBQ and fireworks with our friends and neighbors on Friday, and went up to the Hewlett Cabin for the great Demolition Derby that is a Hewlett Family tradition. I do have to say though, It wasnt as great as it has been in the past. And being 6 months pregnant, and having my balance completely off, I couldnt stand on the tiny benches to even see what was going on. But it was still fun to see family & friends and have Maddie see her cousins.
Maddie has been very busy and grown alot this summer! She Turned 2 on the 15th of June and seems like she has turned 4, with attitude and all. Its like we tell her she is 2 years old and she took that like she needed to hit terrible 2's on top of it. She has gotten better with it over the past month of Daddy and Mommy making sure we dont let any bad habits fly by without consequences. It has been hard cause I hate whenever anyone I care about cries, but its been worth it seeing the sweetness Maddie has come back out. She has already learned how to take the "big sister" role on by saying No, no no when her friends do something wrong, or when Daddy picks on Mommy. Maddie is also going through the potty training phase and its been interesting. One day she wants to go on the potty all the time and seems very interested and ready, then the next I ask her if she needs to go potty and she says no and refuses. She has actually gone on the potty a total of 1 time and I really tried to make it a HUGE deal so she stays interested, but its now been like 4 days since that happened and hasnt gone since. Im tempted to stick out the theory of not going ANYWHERE for a week and putting her in big girl panties so she can see that in order to not have potty run down her legs she needs to go sit on the toilet. For all mommies out there that have been through this, I would LOVE some advice!
Other than that Maddie really is one hilarious, sweet, and Happy little girl. She hates to see her family and friends cry and loves to make everyone laugh. She is very outgoing and says "HI" to everyone that passes her by. Sometimes as her mom I get sad when we go to walmart, she says hi to someone and they ignore her! I know its a little thing,but she literally will keep saying hi to them and some RUDE people will just glare and walk away:( She is just a sweetheart and loves to be nice to everyone.
As for me and the little boy, we are just hanging in there getting bigger and bigger in this hot and hotter weather! I do have to say I cant stay outside all day long anymore or else i sweat really bad and my makeup just melts right off my face. I am grateful that I actually am not as swollen as I thought I would be considering its the hottest time of the year. I am definitely now in the uncomfortable state of pregnancy and toss from one side to the other all night long. I cant sit for too long or else my lower back hurts, and I now feel sad when Maddie wants to play Horsie and I have to say no cause I cant get down on the floor as easily let alone let her sit on my back and carry her around. I LOVE that I get the chance to stay home with Maddie and am so grateful for it! I remember when she was just born I tried so hard to go back to work and it just didnt work out. Todd and I prayed about it and why I wasnt finding the opportunities to do so and we felt right for me to just stay home with her. And now I know why. I would not have as close as a bond with her that I do now. Even though she is only 2 we have so much fun playing and have great discussions. Its literally like best friends. I wouldnt change it for the world. I know with how the world is right now, not to many are as fortunate as I am and there are mothers who have to work. Now that Im a mom I know how difficult that would be! Doing all you can do for your family is important and that is definitely a sacrifice. Its hard work doing both and I am not sure when my time comes to go back to work that I will do it with such grace! Its hard for me just to do the mom thing! I think its great for those who are both great workers and great moms!
As for the boy, he is one active baby! He always kicks after I eat, then without fail, wakes me up between 1 am and 2 am kicking away. I never remember Maddie kicking this much! Sometimes he kicks so much and so hard that I get nautious! All I can say I am a little scared for when he starts walking and stuff. But its worth it for these little ones! We really cant wait for him to come and join our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment